GreenBuildingAdvisor.com features in-depth content that speaks to seven components:
- Green basics: GreenBuildingAdvisor.com offers a broad, easy-to-understand green-building resource that covers the fundamentals of building green.
- Green-product guide: The industry’s leading unbiased green-building product directory, GreenSpec, provides guidance on how to think about product categories from a green perspective as well as how to make product and material choices, cross-linked to other aspects of the GreenBuildingAdvisor.com site.
- Construction details: In an industry first, GreenBuildingAdvisor.com offers nearly 1,000 home-construction-detail drawings based on proven principles of building science for all climates and situations. Users can digitally “paste” these files into architectural drawings or print them out for subcontractors.
- Green building strategy generator: Users can enter information about a building project, and GreenBuildingAdvisor.com will generate specific “greening” strategies, which are then linked to products and details.
- In-depth advice: GreenBuildingAdvisor.com is a forum for the exchange of information through blogs, discussions, and Q&A. In addition, the site’s 15 Green Building Advisors—some of the nation’s leading green practitioners—are continuous contributors. The website also links to detailed background information from Fine Homebuilding and Environmental Building News.
- Code issues: GreenBuildingAdvisor.com will serve as a clearinghouse for information and advice on building codes as they relate to green building. This provides clear, concise advice on dealing with the code-approval process.
- Real-world examples: GreenBuildingAdvisor.com provides a place to see how green-building practices are being successfully used in homes nationwide, including new construction and remodeling.